Who has ever been to the Mellow Mushroom?!
My family and I love that place! It is definitely one of my favorite places to go because they have a great atmosphere and most importantly, some of the best pizza around!
My entire family has come to the conclusion that their Buffalo Chicken Pizza is the BEST pizza on their menu.
Unfortunately, while I was there with friends during my gluten-free period, I learned that they don’t offer the buffalo chicken pizza as gluten-free!
So when Bob’s Red Mill agreed to send me some samples of their gluten-free pizza crust, making a copycat of the Mellow Mushrooms famed pizza was the first thing that came to my mind!
And boy did it turn out amazing! The whole family agreed that it tasted just like the Mellow Mushroom’s!
If you have never had buffalo chicken pizza, then you must make this.
I demand it.
You wont regret this one.
P.S. If you haven’t already entered for the Bob’s Red Mill Giveaway, then you can do it here! The giveaway ends 2/10!!!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 of a batch of prepared Bob’s Red Mill GF Pizza dough (or use some other prepared pizza dough that will make a 12″ pizza)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
1/3 cup buffalo sauce of your choosing (I use Texas Pete)
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 slice cooked turkey bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1. In a saucepan with a lid, melt the butter over medium to medium-low heat. Add in the sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook until carmelized, about 25-35 minutes.
2. Spray a pizza stone with cooking spray and flatten out the pizza dough onto it until it is about 12 inches in diameter.
4. If you are using the Bob’s Red Mill Pizza Dough, then bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes (if you aren’t using Bob’s, then just follow the instructions for your specific dough)
5. Toss the shredded chicken in the buffalo sauce until coated and set aside.
6. Spread the olive oil onto the pizza and sprinkle with garlic powder. Top with the cheese and then layer on the remaining ingredients of chicken, turkey bacon, parmesan cheese, and the carmelized onions. Then just drizzle the left-over buffalo sauce all over the top of the pizza.
7. Put the pizza back into the 425 degree over for 15 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned.
This recipe is gluten-free